Support for Parents
The COVID Local Support Grant is now available until 20th June 2021.
This is designed to directly help families and individuals who have been hardest hit by the coronavirus pandemic.
Under this fund, Early Help is able to provide a grant per family to support with:
- Providing vouchers for food and personal items.
- Supporting with energy and water bills for household purposes.
- With other requests clearly linking to the priorities of the fund grants can be provided for essential white goods such as a cooker, fridge or freezer.
The criteria set by Early Help is as follows.
- You are a family (at least 2 people where at least 1 person is either pre-birth or up to 18 years old)
- You are experiencing financial hardship linked to or independent of COVID (e.g. unemployed, furloughed, being made redundant)
- You need financial help associated with keeping your family warm and fed
- You need financial help associated with purchasing essential items
Methods of payment will be either via vouchers sent directly to families, payment direct to families or through company reimbursement.
The professional should apply on behalf of the families they are representing and verify the circumstances of the request when doing so.
Please complete referral form above and send to Early Help:
Early Help – North Devon and Torridge
Address: Devon County Council, Bideford Family Centre, The Pill, Kingsley Road, Bideford, EX39 2PF
Working to improve the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in Devon